The geoprocessing Batch Calculate Statistics tool is designed to calculate statistics on multiple raster datasets in one pass; however, a raster catalog cannot be directly used as input for this tool.
Instructions provided describe how to use the Batch Calculate Statistics tool on the rasters inside of a geodatabase raster catalog.
- Start ArcCatalog and open ArcToolbox if it is not already visible.
- Navigate to the target raster catalog in ArcCatalog and select it in the Table of Contents (TOC). By selecting the catalog in the TOC, the Contents View should display a list of all of the rasters in the raster catalog.
- Open the Batch Calculate Statistics tool from ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Raster.
- In ArcCatalog's Contents View, select the first raster in the list, then move to the bottom of the list, hold the Shift key and select the last raster. All of the rasters in the Contents View should be selected.
- Drag and drop the selected rasters onto the tool's Input Raster Dataset input box.
The more rasters that are selected in the Content View, the longer the drag and drop will take.
- After the drag and drop is completed, fill out any of the optional inputs on the tool and click OK.
Again, the more rasters that are input into the tool, the longer the tool will take to run. Also, if the rasters are large, as in they have a large number of rows and columns and bands, the longer the calculations will take.
- Close the dialog box once the calculation has completed.