The instructions provided describe how to authorize ArcGIS Desktop 10.x Single Use on a machine that does not have an internet connection.
Have the ESUxxxxxxxxx authorization codes or provisioning file ready before starting the authorization process. These can be obtained from the system's ArcGIS administrator or by visiting the Esri Customer Care Portal.
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
In Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 2008, right-click ArcGIS Administrator and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the Desktop folder in the top left corner in ArcGIS Administrator, and select the Single Use product, ArcInfo, ArcEditor, or ArcView, that matches the purchase order.
- Click the "Authorize Now�" button to start the software authorization wizard.
- Select an authorization option.
To authorize with ESUxxxxxxxxx codes:
Select “I have installed my software and need to authorize it” and click Next.
To authorize with a provisioning/authorization file:
Select “I have received an authorization file from ESRI and am now ready to finish the authorization” and click Next.
- Select “Authorize at ESRI’s website or by email to receive your authorization file.” and click Next.
- In the Authorization Information window, type or verify all the necessary information and click Next.
- Select relevant choices from the drop down lists, Your Organization, Your Industry, and Yourself, and click Next.
- Type the authorization ESUxxxxxxxxx code in the space provided and click Next.
- If extensions need to be authorized, select "I have authorizations number(s) to authorize one or more extensions."
Otherwise, accept the default option, "I do not want to authorize any extensions at this time."
If a provisioning file was used, these codes will already be entered.
- To evaluate any of the extensions for a period of 60 days, move the extension of choice over to the “Evaluation Extensions” column by selecting the extension and then clicking the right-pointing arrow. Click Next.
- Click the “Save�” button to save the authorization file, authorize.txt, to a portable drive such as a USB.
- The authorize.txt file can be submitted through the Customer Care website or through e-mail.
Esri Customer Care
A. Go to a system where an internet connection is available. On that system, open an internet browser and connect to Esri Customer Care
B. Click the browse button and select the 'authorize.txt' file from the portable drive as created in Step 11. Click Upload.
C. The Web site returns an authorization.respc file. Save this file to the portable drive and take this to the original machine.
Ensure that the file download is not blocked by pop-up blockers or other applications.
A. E-mail the authorize.txt file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Check the e-mail address provided during the authorization process for the authorization.respc response file.
C. Save the authorization.respc to a portable drive and take this to the original machine.
- Open the portable drive and double-click the authorization.respc file. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the authorization.
This file will only work on the computer where the 'authorize.txt' file was created in Step 11.
- In ArcGIS Administrator, click the Availability folder and verify that the desired product and extensions have been authorized.
ArcGIS Desktop is authorized and ready to use. Click OK to close ArcGIS Administrator.