At ArcGIS 9.0, the Geoprocessing Wizard was removed due to framework changes. However in ArcGIS 9.1, there is a new Introduction to Geoprocessing panel that provides similar access to the most commonly used tools.
Use the following steps to add the Geoprocessing panel to any ArcGIS application:
- In the application, navigate to Tools > Customize.
- In the Customize dialog box, select the Commands tab.
- In the Categories pane, select ArcToolbox.
- In the Commands pane, select 'Geoprocessing...'.
- Drag 'Geoprocessing...' from the Customize dialog box and drop it onto the Window menu.
- Close the Customize dialog box.
The Intro panel can now be opened by going to the Window menu and selecting 'Geoprocessing...'.
From this panel, read information about the most popular tools, view graphic representations of each, and access their help. Prior to ArcGIS 9.2, dialog boxes can be accessed by clicking the Open tool button.
At ArcGIS 9.3/9.3.1, dialog boxes can be accessed by opening the help dialog box and from there clicking on the title of the tool.