When attempting to connect a Trimble R2 GNSS receiver to a mobile device using ArcGIS Field Maps and Trimble Mobile Manager, the message "GPS Location Not Available" may be returned.
Changes in the users' environment, such as an OS update, Field Maps update, and/or Trimble update, can disrupt the existing location profile in Field Maps, when used with a Trimble R2 GNSS receiver and Trimble Mobile Manager.
Solution or Workaround
- Shut down Field Maps on the mobile device. Ensure it is completely shut down and not running in the background.
- Restart Field Maps.
- Shut down and restart the Trimble R2.
- In Field Maps, remove and reconnect the Trimble R2 receiver.
- Once the R2 is reconnected in Field Maps, the user is prompted with the following message: "Trimble Mobile Manager Required".
- Browse to download the Trimble Mobile Manager file.
- Browse to the Trimble file and click Open.
- Field Maps should now began working as normal and the error message should no longer appear.
These steps don't need to be done each time, but may be required following an update of either Trimble software or ArcGIS Field Maps.