Yes, however event layers are only temporary, and do not persist after an editing session. To make labels permanent in an event layer, the event layer must be converted to an editable feature class such as a shapefile before adding the labels. The instructions provided below describe how to convert an event layer into a shapefile and create a label expression based on multiple fields:
- In ArcMap, export the event layer as a shapefile. For more information, refer to How To: Export a layer to a shapefile in ArcMap.
- When prompted to add the exported data as a layer to the map, click Yes.
- Right-click on the exported layer > Properties.
- In the Layer Properties dialog window, select the Labels tab.
- In the Labels tab, click Expression.
- Under the Fields section, select the field to be used as the label and click Append.
- Repeat Step 6 for each field to be appended as the label.
- When all the fields have been appended for the label, click Verify.
- If the expression is valid, click OK at the Expression Verification and Label Expression dialog boxes.
- In the Layer Properties dialog, click Apply and click OK.
- Right-click the layer, and click Label Features. The labels based on the selected fields from the Label Expression appears.