Yes, it is possible to change the units of the scale bar in ArcGIS Pro. The scale bar in ArcGIS Pro provides a visual indicator of the size and distance between features on a map. A variety of units can be used with the scale bar, which includes miles, meters, points, inches, feet and more.
Follow the instructions below to change the units of the scale bar.
- Open a project in ArcGIS Pro.
- Click the INSERT tab.
- In the Project group, click New Layout and select the desired page size.
- In the Map Frames group, click the Map Frame drop-down menu and select the desired map from the project.
- In the Map Surrounds group, click the New Scale Bar . A scale bar is added to the page.
- On the Design contextual tab, in the Units group, click the Units drop-down arrow and select the desired units.
- Save the project.
Once a scale bar is configured, it can be saved as a style for reuse with other projects in ArcGIS Pro. To save the new configuration, right-click the scale bar and select Save to Style. Refer to the following ArcGIS Pro document for a more detailed description about styles: Styles.