No, it is not possible to apply different symbology in different layouts referencing the same map. The modifications made in the map are reflected in all the map frames in different layouts. As a workaround, make a copy of the map, add it to the desired layout, and edit the symbology of the map feature layer. Complete the steps below to do so:
- Open the ArcGIS Pro project.
- In the Catalog pane, click Project and expand the Maps folder. Right-click the original map, and click Copy.
- Right-click the Maps folder, and click Paste.
- Click the desired Layout view tab to activate the Layout view. The tab turns blue when it is activated.
- On the top ribbon, click the Insert tab, and click Map Frame. In the Map Frame drop-down menu, select the copied map in Step 3. In this example, the copied map is labelled as Map 1.
- Modify the symbology of the map feature layer. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Apply symbols to feature layers for steps to do so.
- Repeat steps 2 through 6 for all desired layouts.