Tessellate is a relationship between two polygon feature classes (FC1 and FC2) for which the following statements are true.
- Each feature in FC1 must be within a feature of FC2.
- FC2 must be covered by FC1.
- Features within FC1 cannot overlap.
- Features within FC2 cannot overlap.
There is no rule specifically designed for modelling tessellate relationships in the current list of supported rules. However, the relationship can be modelled by using a collection of 4 existing rules:
1) FC1 'must cover each other' FC2
2) FC2 'must be covered by' FC1
3) FC1 'must not overlap'
4) FC2 'must not overlap'