Locating the version number of an Esri product can be useful for a number of reasons, whether it is to self-diagnose issues, posting on the Esri community forums or to allow Esri Support Services to effectively diagnose issues. The version number of ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap and ArcCatalog) and ArcGIS Pro can be found using the steps described below.
ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap and ArcCatalog)
- When launching the software, the version of the software is displayed on the splash screen.
- After launching the software, click Help on the Main menu toolbar.
- Click About ArcMap. The version number is displayed in the About ArcGIS Desktop dialog window.
- After launching the software, click Settings located at the bottom left of the screen, next to the cog icon .
- In the Settings page, the version number is displayed.