Yes, there are several limits to path names on UNIX platforms.
Mixed and uppercase paths are not supported on UNIX for GRIDs and ARC/INFO coverages.
- No part of the path may have uppercase letters.
- No part of the path may have spaces.
- The maximum length of a GRID name is 13 characters.
- The maximum length of a GRID Stack filename is 9 characters.
- The maximum length of the full path to a GRID is 128 characters.
- If the GRID name is 13 characters, the path leading up to it can be at most 100 characters.
A GRID is actually a directory of files, whose characters are included in the 128 character limit.