Solution or Workaround
When attempting to load a MrSID image into a view, using the MrSID extension, produces this error:
Where is c:\windows\temp\ximg0.bip\?
Clicking the Cancel button produces the following error:
avarray index 0 not in range 0...-1.
The TEMP system variable is not defined.
1. Click Start > Run
2. Type sysedit to bring up the System Configuration Editor
3. Select the autoexec.bat file
4. Add this line at end bottom of the file:
SET TEMP C:\TEMP
5. Make sure the writable directory 'temp' exists on the C: drive, otherwise define TEMP to be some other writable directory
6. Save the file
7. Reboot the computer
8. Start ArcView and load the MrSID image into a view.