The following error occurs when adding a shapefile to a view:"Feature table has error - unable to make theme."
The theme attribute table is corrupt.
Solution or Workaround
Use Microsoft Excel to redefine the extent of the theme's .dbf file.
- Open the .dbf file associated with the theme in Excel.
- Click Insert > Name > Define.
- Select the word Database from the list on the Define Name dialog box.
- Click the button at the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click the upper left-hand cell and drag a box to the lower right-hand cell.
- Save the file as a .dbf with the same name as the original table.