Attempting to add a publisher database connection when adding a data store fails, and the following error is returned:
Unable to import the connection file. Please contact your administrator.
The following error is returned in the Portal for ArcGIS logs:
URL '<https://machine.domain.com:6443/arcgis/admin/uploads/upload>' is not accessible: Error. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.
The entire chain of certificates is not imported in both the Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Server admin endpoints. In a distributed environment, this impacts various functionality within the Portal for ArcGIS interface.
Solution or Workaround
Import the root or intermediate certificate to ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS admin endpoint.
- Navigate to the Portal for ArcGIS admin endpoint, and log in with an administrator account.
- Navigate to Security > SSLCertificates, and click Import Root or Intermediate Certificate.
- Click Choose File, and select the chain of certificates to import. Click Import to begin the import process, and restart Portal for ArcGIS.
- Navigate to the ArcGIS Server admin endpoint, and log in with an administrator account.
- Navigate to machines > machine_name >sslcertificates > importRootOrIntermediate.
- Click Choose File, and select the chain of certificates to import. Click Import to begin the import process, and restart ArcGIS Server.
- Log in to the ArcGIS Server admin endpoint.
- Navigate to data > federateDataItem. Enter the item path for the registered data store, and click Federate Data Item.
- Configure the data store connection.