This error occurs when running the GRIDPOLY command from Arc, Grid, or
Arc: gridpoly grd1 grd1poly
Converting GRID grd1 to Coverage grd1poly
The input grid is not integer-type, can't be converted!
Bailing out of BUILD
The input grid is floating point. The Gridpoly command does not convert floating point grids.
Solution or Workaround
- Use the INT function in Grid to convert the floating point values to integers.
- Another approach is to encode the floating point values into an integer grid, and then convert the grid to a polygon coverage:
1. Multiply by the appropriate power of ten for the desired precision. For example, to retain four decimal places, multiply by 10 to the fourth power, or 10,000.
2. Convert to an integer grid with the INT function.
3. Run the GRIDPOLY command.
4. Add an item to the PAT and calculate a decimal value into it by dividing the values in the GRID-CODE item by the same value as in the first step.