"System Error Type 11"
One possible cause can be low memory.
Solution or Workaround
The following is a list of troubleshooting techniques that may fix the problem.
- Find out the current memory usage.
A. Click Display from the Apple menu.
B. Click "About this Macintosh" to monitor memory usage.
- Increase the memory assigned. In ArcView GIS, click File > Get Info.
- Disable any nonstandard memory managers.
- Turn off all nonstandard control panels and extensions, such as programs that change or rotate.
- Disable sounds, background screens, cursor animators, and screen savers.
- Reinstall ArcView GIS with the extensions turned off.
- Restart the machine.