The following error occurs while attempting to run the Semantics Checker from Visio 2003:
"Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object"
The Visxdata type library is not found by Visual Basic for Applications inside Visio 2003.
This error occurs for models created with Visio 2002 templates or earlier. Models created with the Visio 2003 template will no longer have this problem.
Solution or Workaround
The following workaround allows the Semantics Checker to run independently from Visio.
- Open Visual Basic and create a new 'Standard EXE' project.
- Click Project > References.
- Click Browse and go to the default ArcGIS\bin installation directory.
- Select UmlSemCheck.dll.
- Add a command button to the form. Double-click the command button.
- In the resulting window, paste the following:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
- Save and run the project.
- Download the Visio 2003 template: Building Geodatabases with CASE Tools