When conducting the Remote ArcIMS Manager installation or the ArcIMS Viewer installation using iPlanet web server, I receive the following message "Problem in opening a connection to the installer on the server. It is possible that the installer cannot be found or has a different name." What should I do?
If you use iPlanet, you need to make a change in the configuration of the MIME type property. The MIME type file tells the web server what to do when an incoming request is looking for a particular file extension. The Remote ArcIMS Manager installation requests Manager.exe, and the MIME type for the .exe extension needs to be edited so the web server can handle files with this extension correctly.
Solution or Workaround
- Start iPlanet Administration Server from your web browser.
- Type your user name and password and click OK.
- Select your Server from the dropdown list and click Manage.
- Click Preferences in the navigation bar at the top, then in the left sidebar scroll down and click Mime Types.
- On the Global Mime Types list, you need to edit two records:
a. Find the following entry:
File Suffix: bin
Click Edit, and add ,exe to the File Suffix. Click Change MIME Type to update the record, and click Save and Apply.
b. Find the following entry:
File Suffix: cgi,exe,bat
Click Edit, and remove ,exe from the File Suffix. Click Change MIME Type to update the record, and click Save and Apply.
- Close your web browser.