When opening ArcMap, the following error occurs. Dismissing the error causes ArcMap to exit.
"[NO CREATE] RW FACTORY: no create function for class with ID 1115 (0x45b)"
This error is related to a potentially corrupt printer driver. Since ArcMap reads printer settings from the driver when starting, saving, or printing, the error can occur at any of these points.
Solution or Workaround
Completely remove and reload the printer drivers.
Instructions provided describe how to delete a printer and the printer's corresponding driver from a Windows computer.
If the printer being deleted will be reinstalled, identify its port before proceeding. To find the port, right-click on the printer and select Properties. On the printer Properties dialog box, select the Ports tab and look for the Port that is checked.
- Navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel and select 'Printers' or 'Printers and Faxes'.
- Right-click on the printer to be deleted and select Delete.
- Navigate to File > Server Properties and select the Drivers tab.
- Select the corresponding installed printer driver for the deleted printer and click the Remove button. Click OK to close the Printer Server Properties dialog box.
- Reinstall the printer if necessary via the Add Printer button.
Reinstall the printer using the latest printer drivers available from the manufacturer's website.