Selecting greater than 100 features AND performing one of the following actions will cause this error to occur:
"Move: An unexpected failure occurred
Network I/O error"
1) using the Editor > Move command to fill in values for x and/or y-coordinates, or
2) using the Editor pointer to move the
feature by hand and drag to the desired area.
This will occur for Oracle 8.1.6 and Oracle 8.1.7 on TRU64 5.0 and 5.1/5.1a
The exact cause of this issue is still being investigated.
Solution or Workaround
In the giomgr.defs file, comment out MINBUFSIZE and MAXBUFSIZE and uncomment the same parameters with higher values.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Open the giomgr.defs file (under $SDEHOME/etc) using a text editor and comment out the following parameters:
MINBUFSIZE 16384 # minimum buffer size > 4096
MAXBUFSIZE 65536 # maximum buffer size > MINBUFSIZE
- Next, uncomment the same parameters that have a higher value
MINBUFSIZE 409600 # minimum buffer size > 4096
MAXBUFSIZE 819200 # maximum buffer size > MINBUFSIZE
- Set these parameters back to their original value after you have performed the move actions in ArcMap.