After installing the 9.3 version of ArcGIS License Manager and restarting the computer, the following error displays:"lmgrd.exe application error
the memory could not be written".
Occasionally, the ArcGIS License Manager service does not start automatically after the initial install.
Solution or Workaround
- Navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager (9.x) > License Manager Tools.
- Click the 'Config Services' tab.
- On this tab, press the 'Save Service' button, and click Yes.
- Go to the 'Start/Stop/Reread' tab.
- Click 'Stop Server', 'Start Server', and 'Reread License File'.
- If steps 1-5 alone do not correct the problem, go to the 'Service/License File' tab in License Manager Tools and check the box that says 'LMTOOLS ignores license file path environment variables'. Perform steps 4-5 again.
- If the problem is still occurring after steps 1-6 have been performed, go to the 'Config Services' tab in License Manager Tools and make sure the "Path to the debug log file" path is no more than 256 characters in length. If it is longer, create a Temp directory on the root C: drive and point the path to that location instead, and perform steps 3-5 again.