ArcGIS GeoEvent Server can utilize the RabbitMQ platform service to operate and in some cases, attempts to deploy ArcGIS GeoEvent Server under the platform fail and return the following error:
Failed to create connection cxn-<number> java.netConnectException
Possible scenarios in which the error can be returned include:
- Upgrading ArcGIS GeoEvent Server from an older version to version 10.6 onwards.
- Installing a fresh version of ArcGIS GeoEvent Server version 10.6 or 10.6.1.
- Changing the Windows service account running ArcGIS GeoEvent Server.
There are known issues between the RabbitMQ platform and ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, including the generic cxn.** rabbitmq.net error.
- ArcGIS GeoEvent Server starts before the ArcSOC processes for ArcGIS Server begin.
- The rabbitmq.conf file is missing from the Windows ROAMING folder.
Solution or Workaround
To successfully deploy ArcGIS GeoEvent Server, ensure the ArcSOC processes are running in Windows Task Manager. If the rabbitmq.conf file is missing, complete the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Ensure the platform service is running at the ArcGIS Server admin endpoint:
- Stop the ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS GeoEvent gateway and GeoEvent Server Windows services. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Start and stop services for steps to do this.
- Navigate to the following folder and ensure the rabbitmq.conf file is present:
The AppData folder is a hidden folder.
- If the rabbitmq.conf file is absent in Step 3, navigate to the following folder location and copy the rabbitmq.conf file:
- Paste the config file in the folder mentioned in Step 3.
- Restart the deployment.