Attempts to publish or edit a feature service from a branch versioned database fail with the following error message returned:
ERROR: code 400. Invalid request: Layer does not support applyEdits with globalId. Bad syntax in request.
Solution or Workaround
Use the Global ID fields in the feature layer attribute table and destination table as the primary key when creating a relationship class.
If the origin table and the destination table does not have globalID fields, run the Add Global IDs tool with both tables as inputs. In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and open the Add Global IDs tool. For Input Datasets, select the feature layer and the destination table from the drop-down list.
- Run the Migrate Relationship Class geoprocessing tool to migrate the ObjectID-based feature layer relationship class to a GlobalID-based relationship class.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and open the Migrate Relationship Class tool.
- For Input Relationship Class, browse to and open the relationship class to be migrated to a GlobalID-based relationship class.
- Click Run.
- Republish or overwrite the feature service. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Share a web feature layer using the default configuration or ArcGIS Pro: Overwrite a web feature layer for instructions.
- Set the supportApplyEditsWithGlobalids property to true in the ArcGIS REST Services Directory page of the feature layer.
- In Portal for ArcGIS, navigate to the item details page of the hosted feature layer. In the Overview tab, below the Layers section, click each layer to open the layer's item details page.
- Under the URL section, click View .
- At the top of the ArcGIS REST Services Directory page, click JSON. Browse for the supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds property, and check if it is set to false.
"supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds" : false,
- If the property is set to false, return to the ArcGIS REST Services Directory page of the layer and scroll to the Supported Operations section. Click Apply Edits. Set Use GlobalIds to True and click Apply Edits.
- At the top of the ArcGIS REST Services Directory page, click JSON and check if the supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds property is set to true.
- Repeat Step 3 for all layers in the hosted feature service.