Attempts to add a geodatabase or run the Compress File Geodatabase Data tool fail and return the following error:
ERROR 160375: Failed to instantiate workspace extension COM component.
- The Compress File Geodatabase Data (Data Management) tool is interrupted due to various reasons, causing the process to be incomplete.
- Missing or corrupted files in the file geodatabase.
Solution or Workaround
Depending on the cause, use one of the options below to resolve the issue.
Rerun the Compress File Geodatabase Data tool.
Rerun the Compress File Geodatabase Data tool. If necessary, restart ArcGIS Pro to release any potential .lock files.
Recover the corrupted files in the geodatabase
The Recover File Geodatabase tool can only recover simple feature classes and tables. Complex data and relationships are not recovered.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Recover File Geodatabase (Data Management Tools).
- In the Recover File Geodatabase pane, for Input File Geodatabase, select the corrupted geodatabase from the drop-down list. In this example, 'Corrupted.gdb' is selected.
- For the Output Location, and File Geodatabase Name, rename the geodatabase, if necessary. In this example, it is renamed to 'RecoveredTwo'.
- Click Run.
In this example, the recovered geodatabase named 'Recoveredtwo.gdb' is added and expanded in the Catalog pane.