When attempting to start the ArcGIS Server service in Windows, the following error message is returned:
Error 1069: The service did not start due to a logon failure
This issue is caused by any of the following:
- The password for the Windows service account handling the ArcGIS Server service is changed.
- The account used to run the ArcGIS Server service does not have the necessary Windows service permissions.
Solution or Workaround
Complete the instructions below in the order it is provided to resolve the issue.
The workarounds may require the assistance of the organization's network system administrator. Access to certain services may be limited, depending on the organization's group policy.
Update the logon information for the ArcGIS Server service
- Navigate to Windows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right-click the ArcGIS Server service, and select Properties.
- Click the Log On tab.
- Enter the password for the service account in the Password and Confirm password text boxes.
- Start the ArcGIS Server service. Repeat this process for other ArcGIS Enterprise services installed on the machine.
Reset the ArcGIS Server service account permissions
- Click the Windows Start button, and navigate to ArcGIS > Configure ArcGIS Server Account.
- Follow the steps outlined in ArcGIS Enterprise: Changing the ArcGIS Server account to configure a service account for ArcGIS Server.
- Start the ArcGIS Server service, and any other ArcGIS Enterprise service using the same service account.