In some instances, attempts to create new utility networks using the Create Utility Network tool in ArcGIS Pro fail, and return the following error message:
ERROR 001908 Service territory feature class must have Z and M values.
The feature class selected in the Service Territory Feature Class section does not have Z and M values enabled. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Service territory for more information.
Solution or Workaround
To run the Create Utility Network tool successfully when creating new utility networks, enable the Z and M values on the service territory feature class using the Feature Class To Feature Class tool.
- In ArcGIS Pro, right-click the feature dataset containing the service territory feature class in the Catalog pane.
- Click Import > Feature Class.
- In the Feature Class To Feature Class pane, click the Parameters tab.
- Select the feature class for Input Features, and the feature dataset for Output Location. Fill in the name for Output Name.
- Click the Environments tab, navigate to the M Values section. Under Output has M Values, click the drop-down arrow, and select Enabled.
- Repeat Step 5 in the Z Values section. Click Run. A new feature class with Z and M values enabled is created in the feature dataset.
- Click the Analysis tab on the top ribbon, click Tools in the Geoprocessing group.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Create Utility Network.
- In the Create Utility Network pane, click the Parameters tab.
- Select the feature dataset containing the service territory for Input Feature Dataset, and fill in the name for Utility Network Name.
- Select the new feature class created in Step 6 for Service Territory Feature Class, and click Run.
The following image demonstrates a utility network successfully created in ArcGIS Pro.