Attempting to create a raster from a LAS file using the LAS Dataset To Raster tool fails, with the following error message returned:
ERROR 000210: Cannot create output <file path>. Failed to execute (LasDatasetToRaster).
The LAS dataset is projected in a geographic coordinate system instead of a projected coordinate system.
Solution or Workaround
Reproject the LAS dataset to a projected coordinate system using the Extract LAS tool to resolve this issue.
The Extract LAS tool is only available with a 3D Analyst license.
- In ArcGIS Pro, open the Geoprocessing pane, navigate to Toolboxes > 3D Analyst Tools > Point Cloud > Extract LAS.
- In the Extract LAS pane, for Input Point Cloud, select the LAS dataset to process.
- For Target Folder, select the folder to save the output LAS.
- For Output LAS Dataset, select the output LAS dataset referencing the newly created .las files.
- In the Environments tab, under Output Coordinates, select a projected coordinate system for Output Coordinate System by clicking Select coordinate system .
- Click Run.