Sharing a scene from ArcGIS Pro to an active portal as a web scene sometimes returns the following error message:
00221: Feature layer is displaying more than 2000 features
This issue occurs when sharing a web scene containing layers with more than 2,000 features. This is a known limitation. The scalability of web feature layers in 3D is limited. Therefore, only smaller datasets displaying fewer than 2,000 features can be shared. Refer to 00221: Feature layer is displaying more than 2000 features for more information.
Solution or Workaround
As a workaround, publish the layers as scene layers to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
- Create a scene layer package of the layer. Refer to Create a scene layer package for steps, depending on the input dataset type. The output layer package is saved with the .slpk extension.
- Upload the scene layer package to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS using the Share Package tool.
- In the Share Package pane, for Input Package, select the scene layer package.
- Specify Summary and Tags for the scene layer package.
- Optionally, select to share the scene layer package with a particular group or only within the organization.
- Click Run.
- In ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS, publish the uploaded scene layer package.
- On the My Content tab, click to open the overview of the uploaded scene layer package.
- On the Overview tab, click Publish.
- In the Publish dialog box, set the Title and Tags parameters and click Publish.
The scene layer package is published as a scene layer and found on the My Content tab.