A Web browser favorite or bookmark, hereafter referred to as a favorite, allows you to easily return to a previously viewed Web page.
Normally a favorite is created by opening a Web site and then simply choosing the Add to Favorites option on your Web browser. Because the ArcIMS HTML Viewer involves opening a series of files, you cannot use the bookmark created from the HTML Viewer main page. Instead you need to make a minor edit to the saved bookmark before it can be used again.
Follow the steps below to open an ArcIMS Web site, create a favorite, and then make a minor edit to the path of the favorite.
The instructions below decribe Adding Favorites in Internet Explorer Web browsers. Follow similar instructions for your Web browser of choice.
- Open an ArcIMS HTML Viewer. When the viewer is completely loaded, the URL will end in viewer.htm.
- Use the Add to Favorites option of your Web browser to save the favorite.
- From your Favorites list, right-click on the newly created favorite and click Properties.
- Click the Web Document tab. In the URL field, remove the "viewer.htm" from the URL. Click OK.
- You can now use the favorite to open the ArcIMS HTML Viewer.