Instructions provided describe the steps to configure the WMREST Web site to use Windows authentication integrated with IIS security. This only applies to systems in which Workflow Manager Server is installed on top of ArcGIS Server .NET.
As part of Service Pack 3, Esri included a web-secure.config file that has the security settings under the wmrest Web site folder.
- In ArcGIS Manager, modify the security settings to use Windows authentication.
See ArcGIS Server 10 Web Help: Internet security overview
- Apply desired users/roles to the ArcGIS Workflow Manager services.
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the default Web site.
- Open the authentication section and disable anonymous authentication.
- Enable Windows authentication and ASP.NET impersonation.
- Navigate to your wmrest folder; usually the default is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wmrest.
- Rename the file web.config to webbackup.config.
- Rename the file web-secure.config to web.config.
- Restart IIS and Workflow Manager services are ready to start with Windows authentication.