Schema changes made to source data are not included when overwriting an ArcGIS Server feature service (a map service with feature access enabled), if the service is running on an ArcGIS Server site that uses a shared instance pool. Note that web feature layers published from ArcGIS Pro can be configured to use a shared instance pool.
This behavior only occurs in ArcGIS Server 10.7.
This issue is associated with a known issue, BUG-000122765.
After overwriting a service from ArcGIS Pro, follow these steps to restart the DynamicMappingHost on the ArcGIS Server site and clear the service cache.
- Sign in to the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory as a primary site administrator. Optionally, for federated ArcGIS Server sites, sign in using a portal token.
- Go to services > System > DynamicMappingHost.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click stop.
- Click Stop to confirm the action.
It may take several seconds to stop the service.
- Once the page refreshes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click start.
- Click Start to confirm the action.
- Go back to the Home page in the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory and click system.
- Click handlers > rest > cache.
- Click in the Folder field to choose the folder on the ArcGIS Server site that contains the service to refresh.
- Provide the service name and type in the appropriate fields and click Clear Cache.
Schema changes should now appear in the map and feature service.