BIM Cloud Connection zips files when downloading them from BIM 360. Because of this, ArcGIS Pro cannot directly read the file and display a message of an unsupported file. This behavior only happens when the following criteria are met.
- The Revit file is linked.
- BIM 360 is using the design and collaboration function.
- The total size of the Revit file plus the linked files is at or over the max limit.
BIM Cloud Connection zips files by mistake.
Esri is working to find a solution in the next release. In the meantime, please use the following as a workaround.
- Close ArcGIS Pro.
- Using File Explorer navigate to the folder where the BIM Cloud Connection downloaded the Revit file.
- Change the extension of the Revit file from .RVT to .ZIP
- Extract the data from the folder. The folder contains all the linked files associated to the main downloaded file.
Using the Get Status command
- The Get Status works as designed.
Using the Refresh from Source command
- The refresh command works, but downloaded data is again in the .zip format with an .rvt extension. To resolve this issue, follow the steps outlined above in the workaround