The Add Rasters to Mosaic Dataset tool crashes or returns an error.
This issue is known to happen in the following cases:
• The Raster Type Properties have been edited.
• Background processing is enabled.
• The results of the geoprocessing operations are set to be added to the display.
• The operating system is either Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
There are two potential workarounds for this issue:
• Turn off background processing.
• Turn off the option to add geoprocessing results to the display.