|Bug ID Number
|Submitted||April 29, 2015|
|Last Modified||February 14, 2023|
|Applies to||Portal for ArcGIS|
|Operating System Version||N/A|
|Status||Will Not Be Addressed
This issue was logged against a version of the software which is no longer supported, and has not had activity in some time. We apologize that we were unable to address this issue within the current product life cycle. If the issue continues to affect your work in a supported release, please contact Technical Support.
Manually specify an image file to serve as the thumbnail for the item in Portal for ArcGIS.
- Navigate to the map service at the REST endpoint, and select the Export Map operation.
- All default values can remain, except the image size must be 200x133, and the format must be an image format.
- Run the Export Map Image (GET) request.
- Right-click the image and click ‘Save to disk’.
- In Portal for ArcGIS, open the item from My Content, and click Edit.
- In the Edit session, click the thumbnail, and click File to locate the file saved in Step 4.
- Click OK, and Save.
- Return to the item details page. The thumbnail is replaced with the image.
When searching for the item using other means such as the ‘Search for’ field, groups, and gallery, the thumbnail reflects that specified image on the item details page.
Services that are published to an already-federated ArcGIS Server site have properly configured thumbnails in Portal for ArcGIS.
Steps to Reproduce