When creating a new feature on a hosted feature service in the web map viewer, 1/1/1970 is displayed as the default date for a field with the 'Date' data type, instead of the date that is set as default in Arcmap.
Last Published: March 30, 2016ArcGIS Online
Bug ID Number
January 11, 2016
September 1, 2023
The issue is being reviewed. The review process ensures that the issue contains all necessary information and is easy to understand, that it is not a duplicate of an existing issue, and that it is a valid bug or enhancement request. During this phase, it is possible that you are contacted for clarification or additional information.
1. Create the feature class with a default date.
2. Start editing.
3. Create a new feature.
4. Save the edits, and stop editing.
5. Start editing, and delete the feature.
6. Save the edits, and stop editing.
7. Publish the feature class to ArcGIS Online as a service.