When Amazon Instance is restarted, Concurrent Use licenses are a broken and have to be reauthorized.
Last Published: April 2, 2015ArcGIS for Server
Bug ID Number
March 26, 2015
November 24, 2020
ArcGIS for Server
Operating System Version
7 64 Bit
After review by the development team, it has been determined that this issue is related to a known limitation with the software that lies outside of Esri's control. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
Although concurrent use is generally more robust in EC2 instances, licenses can still break.Recommend keeping the License Manager in High Availability
• Ensure ArcGIS License Manager service is stopped
• Go to C:\ProgramData (might be hidden) and rename FLEXnet folder to FLEXnet1
• Start ArcGIS License Manager service
• Open License Server Administrator and reauthorise licences as necessary
• Once ArcGIS Administrator is configured to use appropriate License Manager, ArcMap, etc. should open - check within Availability tab