The map package feature class is empty, when the original data frame and feature class have different coordinate systems, and the Package Map tool Extent is set to 'As Specified Below'
Last Published: February 27, 2015ArcGIS for Desktop
Bug ID Number
February 23, 2015
November 1, 2023
ArcGIS for Desktop
Operating System Version
After review by the development team, it has been determined that this issue is related to a known limitation with the software that lies outside of Esri's control. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
The Package Map tool cannot do the transformation on the fly.
1. Open a blank ArcMap document.
2. Add a feature class.
2. Change the data frame's coordinate system.
4. Add information to the Map Document Properties.
5. Zoom to desired extent.
6. Save Map.
7. Open the Package Map tool.
8. Select saved map.
9. Select output location and name.
10. Set extent to 'Same as Display'.
11. Run the Package Map tool.