The locator style, 'US Address - Single House Subaddress', does not honor partial city names in ArcGIS 10.3.
Last Published: June 5, 2015ArcGIS for Desktop
Bug ID Number
May 12, 2015
November 24, 2020
ArcGIS for Desktop
This issue was not reproducible when tested by the development team. Issues may be given this status when they cannot be reproduced or are no longer relevant in a development version of the software, but a specific fix was not installed to address the issue. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
This is fixed in the 10.3.1 Subaddress style.
1. Right click the locator in windows file explorer, and select Edit.
2. Press CTRL + F. Search for 'san'. This is just to navigate to the correct alphabetical place to add a new alias.
3. Copy and paste the alias opening and close tabs above, and edit them to contain the aliases. It is expected to have users put in:
<alt>city of santa rosa</alt>
<alt>the city of santa rosa</alt
5. Open ArcCatalog, and navigate to the address locator. Right click the locator > Rebuild.
6. Test in ArcMap . Users must be able to just search on Santa Rosa, and receive results.