The data management Dissolve tool fails to run if using a feature class from a file geodatabase.
Last Published: September 16, 2015ArcGIS for Desktop
Bug ID Number
July 24, 2015
November 24, 2020
ArcGIS for Desktop
Operating System Version
7.0 64 Bit
This issue was not reproducible when tested by the development team. Issues may be given this status when they cannot be reproduced or are no longer relevant in a development version of the software, but a specific fix was not installed to address the issue. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
Works in new releases. There is a geometry issue due to the xyRes and xyTol settings not being default.
1. Convert ‘NpwsaParcels’, from EsriHelp93.gdb, as a shapefile.
2. Import the shapefile again into EsriHelp93.gdb as ‘NpwsaParcels1’ feature class.
3. Try to run the Dissolve tool with new ‘NpwsaParcels1’ feature class following steps 2 to 4.
4. The Dissolve tool runs and completes successfully.
1. Transfer the feature class to a personal geodatabase if the data is below 2GB.
2. Running the Dissolve tool using a personal geodatabase completes successfully.