Some diagrams built with versions before ArcGIS for Desktop 10 fail to migrate to ArcGIS 10.0 enterprise geodatabases.
Last Published: July 9, 2015ArcSDE/Enterprise Geodatabase
Bug ID Number
June 25, 2015
January 28, 2021
Operating System Version
7.0 64 Bit
The bug has been fixed. See the Version Fixed and Additional Information, if applicable, for more information.
Workaround for B1:
Error cannot be resolved during migration. Enlarge the field size manually in the schematic feature class table before migrating the diagrams. Refer to the steps below:
1) Open ArcMap and in the catalog window, right-click the schematic dataset under the geodatabase DatasetExport_TestB1.gdb at the datalink above and select Migrate to Current Version.
2) Click OK on the mapping dialog.
3) Select an Oracle database as an output database.
4) Migrate dataset Definition. (Check Definitions box, leave Diagrams box unchecked)
5) In the migrated dataset of the Oracle database, expand the PrimaryCablingDiagrams template entry.
-Right-click PCD_EQUIPMENT feature class and click Properties.
-On the Fields tab, select CHASSIS_USER_LABEL and hold on Delete. Next click Apply.
-Go to the bottom of the Field's list and re-create the CHASSIS_USER_LABEL Text field, Enlarge the default Length (Type 50000), and click Apply.
6) Migrate the schematic dataset under the geodatabase. Migrate DatasetExport_TestB1.gdb into the Oracle database by unchecking the Definitions box and checking the Diagrams box.
Workaround for B2:
1) Open ArcCatalog on a 9.3.1 Desktop client and connect to the schematic dataset under DatasetExport_TestB2.gdb
2) Rename the '026' folder with another name. Next, rename one of the two '024' diagrams with another name
3) Go back to the machine where fixes are installed and migrate the dataset (Definitions and Diagrams)