|Bug ID Number
|Submitted||September 13, 2021|
|Last Modified||June 14, 2023|
|Applies to||Portal for ArcGIS|
|Operating System||Windows OS|
|Operating System Version||N/A|
ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1:
- Click Update in the dialog box to proceed to the group sharing page which allows users to share with a group. It does not update the sharing level to 'Everyone'.
ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1:
- After clicking Update in the dialog box, the error message is displayed, "Unable to share editable layer publicly."
- Click Cancel.
- Navigate to the item details page of the item to share with a group.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Enable the following option in the General section, 'Approve this layer to be shared with the public when editing is enabled'. This does not update the sharing level of the item to 'Organization or Everyone'.
- Click Save.
- Share the item with the group again.
- The 'Change share level for items' window is displayed.
- A 'Warning: Sharing editable layer publicly' window is displayed.
- Item is now shared with the group and the sharing level of the item is still listed as the previous setting (not changed to the organization or public sharing level).
- The Sharing API for the item displays the item as not being shared with everyone.
To avoid others in the organization being able to share the item with everyone for public data collection, disable the option on the item details page of the item.
- After sharing it with the group, navigate to the item details page of the item again. Click Settings.
- Disable the 'Approve this layer to be shared with the public when editing is enabled' option.
- Click Save.
Steps to Reproduce