Publishing tiles does not complete in ArcGIS Online. This may be due to incorrect extents; however, a warning is never provided to users when creating the tile package.
Last Published: May 3, 2017ArcGIS Online
Bug ID Number
February 11, 2015
May 31, 2023
The bug has been fixed. See the Version Fixed and Additional Information, if applicable, for more information.
In some cases, these workarounds help:
In ArcMap, click Full Extent before creating the tile package.
OR, if the tile package cannot be recreated:
1. Download the tile package.
2. Use 7-Zip to right-click the tile-package > Open Archive.
3. Right-click mapserver.json in servicedescriptions\mapserver and click Edit.
4. Change fullExtent to equal initialExtent and geoFullExtent to equal geoInitialExtent.
5. Save and close. When prompted, update the Archive.
6. Use Add Item in ArcGIS Online to add the tile package again (ensure the original is deleted).
7. Attempt to create the tiles.