Portal for ArcGIS 10.3: When creating a user with account (s-test), the - is changed to _ which breaks windows authentication.
Last Published: March 13, 2015Portal for ArcGIS
Bug ID Number
February 26, 2015
February 15, 2023
Portal for ArcGIS
The issue is a duplicate of an existing issue. See the issue's Additional Information section for details. Customers associated with the duplicate issue are automatically attached to the open issue.
(1) Connect to portaladmin > Security > Config.
(2) Update Security Configuration. Change enableAutomaticAccountCreation to true.
(3) Ensure that Web Adaptor for portal is configured for Windows Authentication.
(4) Log into a system with the s-test account.
(5) Access the Portal Home and allow Portal to create the account. This creates the account with the correct username.
(6) Update Security Configuration. Change enableAutomaticAccountCreation to true.
Authentication is now successful.