Layer titles in the Edit window of the Find, Edit, and Filter application cannot be modified and do not reflect the changes made in the web map.
Last Published: April 8, 2016ArcGIS Online
Bug ID Number
May 13, 2015
June 11, 2020
After review by the development team, it has been determined that this issue is related to a known limitation with the software that lies outside of Esri's control. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
This is a known limit with the current Editor widget used by the map viewer and the templates mentioned. This function is to be added to the planning for the next generation of the editor widget, but it will not be fixed in the current version.
1) Change the layer name(s) in ArcMap, and either delete, republish or update the service definition.
2) Go to the service URL for the feature service > Change the URL to access the Admin section (http://services.arcgis.com/[Org code]/ArcGIS/rest/admin/services/[Service name]/FeatureServer).
3) Click the layer to be renamed > Update Definition.
4) Search for the layer name, and rename the layer.
5) Search for 'LastEditDate', and change the number to 'null' (without quotes) > Update Service Definition.