For certain JPEGs, the Crop Image option is not available in CityEngine.
Last Published: February 26, 2016ArcGIS CityEngine
Bug ID Number
February 2, 2016
January 20, 2023
After review by the development team, it has been determined that this issue is related to a known limitation with the software that lies outside of Esri's control. The issue's Additional Information section may contain further explanation.
This is a known Bug in CityEngine 2015.2.
It is discussed in the GeoNet forum:
The crop image tool is disables for images with UPPERCASE ending
- create a new project (Menu > File > New... > CityEngine project)
- add a image file to the assets folder (via drag and drop)
- select the image file in the navigator
- change ending to UPPERCASE (e.g. *.jpg to *.JPG)
- then open the crop tool (right click > Crop image... or Menu >Shapes > Crop image...)
- BUG: The tool is greyed out
Start cropping another image and switch the source image in the Crop wizard.