Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) 8.3 stops responding when editing offline maps that contain two tiled map services.
Last Published: May 16, 2015Collector Classic for ArcGIS (iOS)
Bug ID Number
April 16, 2015
June 11, 2020
Collector Classic for ArcGIS (iOS)
Operating System Version
The issue is a duplicate of an existing issue. See the issue's Additional Information section for details. Customers associated with the duplicate issue are automatically attached to the open issue.
Remove the second tiled map service layer from the web map or replace it as the basemap and the issue does not reproduce. Alternatively, use an iOS device on a previous version of the OS or an Android device.
Finally, create a custom basemap to alter the web map JSON so that Collector for ArcGIS perceive it as a single basemap layer. Use the following steps:
1. Navigate to: http://pholleran.github.io/agoAdminTools
2. Sign into the application using ArcGIS Online credentials
3. Navigate to the Tasks drop-down > Create Custom Basemap.
4. Set the Esri topographic map as the basemap layer:
5. Set the tiled map service as the overlay layer
6. Give the map a tile. Return to ArcGIS Online and a new web map is created in the content.
7. Open that web map and add the feature service. Save the changes.