Install IIS on Windows 2008/Vista
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- On the left, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- On the left, Click Features.
- Scroll down and under Features Summary, click Add Features.
- In the Add Features Wizard, expand Remote Server Administration Tools, expand Role Administration Tools, and check Web Server (IIS) Tools. Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once complete, click Roles on the left.
- Click Add Roles.
- In the Add Roles Wizard, click Next, check Web Server (IIS), and click Next twice.
- In the Select Role Services window under Web Server > Application Development, check
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Scroll down, and under Management Tools > IIS 6 Management Compatibility, check IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility. Click Next.
- In the Confirm Installation Selection window, click Install.
- In the Installation Results window, verify that the installation was successful, and click Close.
- Once complete, restart IIS by clicking Start and typing IISRESET in the Search box. Or go to Administrative Tools > Services and restart the IIS Admin Service and World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Open the IIS Manager by navigating to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the server host name and Sites on the left. Select the Default Web Site.
- Under Default Web Site Home, right-click on MIME Types, and select Open Feature.
- In the Actions panel, click Add to open the Add Mime Type dialog box.
- Type 'axl' in the File name extension field. Type 'text/xml' in the Mime Type field. Click OK
Article ID: 000013543
Software: More Products Legacy Products