How To: Install IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- In the left panel, click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- In the Windows Components screen, check the box next to Application Server and click Next.
- At the 'Completing the Windows Components Wizard' screen, click Finish.
- Verify that IIS has been installed by opening Internet Services Manager.
- In the left panel, expand the directory tree under the machine name. Expand the directory tree for 'Web Sites'. 'Default Web Site' should be listed; this is the Web server host used for ArcIMS.
- Open Internet Explorer and type the following URL, replacing <machinename> with the server's machine name:
This should return either an Under Construction page or the Microsoft Internet Information Services help pages.
for additional resources about installing Microsoft's IIS Web Server.
Article ID: 000013542
Software: More Products Legacy Products