Error: The Image extension is not valid on the ArcGIS Server
When publishing a map document containing Mosaic Dataset(s) to ArcGIS for Server, the following error is returned:
"The Image extension is not valid on the ArcGIS Server".
For a detailed description of the error, refer to the following document, ArcGIS for Server: 00147.
The error appears when the ArcGIS Image extension for Server license is expired.
- Check in ArcGIS Server Manager if the license for the Image Extension is listed.
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager.
- Navigate to Site > Software Authorization.
- In the ArcGIS Server Software Authorization page confirm if the Image extension is available or is expired.
- If the license is expired, proceed to reauthorize the Image Extension license.
- Navigate to the location of the keycodes file: C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.4\sysgen
- Rename the keycodes file.
- Navigate to Windows Start > ArcGIS > ArcGIS for Server > Software Authorization.
- Authorize the Image Extension. Refer to the following document to authorize extensions: ArcGIS for Server: Authorizing ArcGIS for Server.
The path to the keycodes file may differ depending on the individual machine.
- Restart the ArcGIS for Server machine.
Article ID: 000012863
Software: ArcGIS for Server 10.1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.3, 10.3.1