Bug: NIM095032 - ArcGIS for Server 10.2 does not honor the leader tolerance set for annotation in services.
If a leader line is hidden because the leader tolerance is not satisfied in a map document, the same leader line will be visible in the resulting map service.
This is a known issue. Until a permanent solution is implemented, use the following workaround.
Delete the leader lines entirely instead of hiding them using a leader tolerance.
To remove the leader lines from the annotation layer do the following in ArcMap:
- In ArcMap, open the map document that was used to publish the map service.
- Open an edit session. Click the Editor tool > Start Editing.
- Use the Select Elements tool from the Drawing Tools (not the Edit Tools) to select a label.
• If correct tool is selected there will be a blue dashed line around the text.
- Right-click the label and choose Properties.
- From the text tab, select Change Symbol
- In the Symbol Selector dialog box, click Edit Symbol.
- From the Advanced Text tab of the Editor dialog, click the Properties button under Text Background.
- From the Text Background Properties dialog, uncheck the Leader checkbox.
- Repeat this process for each feature that should not display leader lines.
- Re-publish the map service by overwriting the existing map service.
- In ArcMap, click File > Share As > Service, and select Overwrite an existing service.
See the Related Information section below for a video that shows the process described above.
Published : 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000012695
Unknown Text - DownloadsPage/SoftwareText: ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced 10.1, 10.1 SP1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.3, 10.3.1 ArcGIS for Desktop Standard 10.1, 10.1 SP1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.3, 10.3.1 ArcGIS for Server 10.1, 10.1 SP1, 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.3, 10.3.1