Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When an ArcGIS Viewer for Flex query is created and the query URL points to 'localhost', the following error is returned:
"<layer name> layer failed to load: Fault code:
Fault info: Security error accessing url
Fault details: Destination: DefaultHTTP"
There are several possible causes for this error:
• The ArcGIS Viewer for Flex is using a URL referencing a 'localhost' instead of the machine name.
• Incorrect URL in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex config.xml file.
• The ArcGIS for Server crossdomain.xml file points to the wrong IP address or machine name.
• The HOSTS file on the client machine accessing the ArcGIS for Server machine name could not be resolved.
• There are conflicts with the federation of ArcGIS for Server with Portal for ArcGIS.
• Internet Information Service (IIS) settings on ArcGIS for Server allow client certificates to be accepted.
• Use the correct URL that is referencing the service in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex URL instead of 'localhost'.
• Modify the config.xml file to include the correct fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
The workaround above is for a local machine. This must be done at the domain level to remove any further conflicts with machine name and IP address resolution.
This is an ArcGIS for Server site-level setting and cannot be applied from a local machine. If this functionality is unavailable, please contact an IT administrator for assistance.
Technical support is available through June of 2016, however maintenance of ArcGIS Viewer for Flex has been discontinued. The following blog describes Esri's focus on promoting Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS as a replacement for Flex, Support Services Blog: Final Release and Support Plan for the ArcGIS APIs / Viewers for Flex and Silverlight.